FC Utrecht suffered a loss in North-Brabant. In Tilburg, Willem II beat trainer/coach Jean-Paul de Jong’s team 3-2 after Utrecht had gone ahead 0-2 in thirty minutes.

With everything they had FC Utrecht tried to break through the wall Willem II put up before their own goal. Everyone tried, over the left wing, over the right, over the ground and through the air. But whatever the Utrecht players did, whatever they tried, they did not succeed, the ball would not go into the goal. On a soaking wet pitch the Tilburg team were victorious after a good ninety minutes: 3-2.

Kerk and Van de Streek score
After thirty minutes into the game it was not likely it would be the Tilburg team that would celebrate in the end. FC Utrecht led 0-2. After a wonderful 0-1 by Gyrano Kerk (beautiful in its simplicity after a great assist by Urby Emanuelson) and again a great 0-2 by Sander van de Streek who fired the ball into the top corner.

At that moment it looked like FC Utrecht would celebrate Easter with a good feeling. However, they did not count on the revival of Willem II five minutes before and after the break. Thom Haye (free kick, 1-2) and Konstantinos Tsimikas (bicycle kick, 2-2) equalised even before half time. And after the break Fran Sol profited from clumsy defending by FC Utrecht. With a measured lob the Spaniard beat FC Utrecht goalkeeper David Jensen: 3-2.

Shivering and trembling
At that moment there were still forty minutes left and although the formation of De Jong were behind, there seemed to be enough time left to do something about that. And that is what the team tried to do. They rolled up their sleeves and created many chances, but whatever they tried, they did not score anymore. The Tilburg team shivered and trembled, but left the pitch victorious.

Next match: ADO Den Haag at home
FC Utrecht will now focus on the match against ADO Den Haag on Sunday April 8th. The match in Stadium Galgenwaard starts at 12.30. Tickets are already on sale.

Willem II - FC Utrecht 3-2 (2-2)
19. Gyrano Kerk 0-1
31. Sander van de Streek 0-2
40. Thom Haye 1-2
45. Kostantinos Tsimikas 2-2
50. Fran Sol 3-2

Yellow cards: Rico Strieder, Willem Janssen, Urby Emanuelson (FC Utrecht).

Red card: 78. Freek Heerkens (Willem II).

Attendance: 13,660.

Referee: Jochem Kamphuis.

Line-up Willem II:
Timon Wellenreuther; Fernando Lewis, Freek Heerkens, Daryl Lachman, Konstantinos Tsimikas; Pedro Chirivella, Elmo Lieftink (77. Jordy Croux), Ben Rienstra; Thom Haye (87. Bartholomew Ogbeche), Fran Sol (81. Jop van der Linden), Mohamed El Hankouri.

Line-up FC Utrecht:
David Jensen; Sean Klaiber, Ramon Leeuwin, Willem Janssen, Mark van der Maarel (68. Lukas Gӧrtler); Rico Strieder (86. Dario Dumic), Mateusz Klich (60. Cyriel Dessers), Urby Emanuelson, Sander van de Streek; Zakaria Labyad, Gyrano Kerk.